Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hello, Wednesday!

Monday evening...

Tuesday early morning...


Tuesday, mid morning...
Tuesday evening....

So, Monday & Tuesday were not so hot in our house...
Monday was tough at work. Lots of kids not wanting to be awake after their candy stoup-er....my own kids had attitudes, just too much going on over the weekend. YUCK.
We all made it through the day.
I left work.
Headed to CCLS to pick up Anne from after school care.
Excited to hear about Anne's day.
Greeted by a very anxious Miss Mary who told me 'Anne hurt her arm'.
I waltzed into the room to see Anne burst into tears upon my arrival.
She was holding the underside of her arm in the tell-all way that it was h.u.r.t.
I assured her she would be okay, sluffed off the teachers worry, and left.
I called Adam to give him a heads up. I was beginning to wonder what the outcome would be, she was crying at every bump in the road, wouldn't come into Debbie's house to pick up Kate, and eventually fell asleep.
We got home. Adam took one look at her wrist and said, 'welp, you taking her or am I?'
I was confused, room got fuzzy, I came back to reality, tightened my belt and we left for Urgent Care.
About 1.5 hours later, we arrived back home with a daughter who had a forearm fracture.
She was suited up in a splint thing, and told to keep her comfy until the ortho appointment could be set for the next day. Tuesday arrived, got a 3pm appointment, Anne picked out a beautiful HOT PINK cast and we are on the road to healing!
We have survived yet another first. Anne is the toughest 5 year old I know. She only cried real tears when the radiologist turned her arm the wrong way, (he almost cried when I grabbed his arm and said HER ARM IS BROKE, SHE CAN'T MOVE IT!)
A side note, she was so brave I told her we would swing through McDonald's drive thru to grab an ice cream.
We pull into McDonald's the drive through is under construction=closed. The ice cream machine is broken! I asked if the Happy Meal I was now ordering could come in one of those Halloween buckets they were handing out the weeks before, oops! nope, sent them all away in the morning. This chick almost cried in the Ronald McDonald collection container! :( What a mess!
So, as the title states. HELLO WEDNESDAY! Good to see YOU! :)

Thanks to everyone that called, brought something by, or laughed at the stories. We appreciate you all! :)
~chat soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment