Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Check this out...




After many years of saying "I wish I could sew". I have given it an honest attempt the past few months. I have two women in my life, my mother and my aunt, that can drive their sewing machines like race cars. My mom has made us umpteen outfits and Aunt Linda has shared many of her sewing projects with the girls. They're professionals in my eyes.
I can say that I am far from 'good', but acceptable, maybe. (don't look on the inside, it would make you shutter!)

Here is how it all panned out:


I found some fabric on sale. Thought it was decent.
I googled, how to make a simple skirt.
I watched a YOUTUBE video.
I did not use a pattern.
I struggled with a piece of elastic and kind of felt like I was wrestling during the process.
I broke a needle. It ALMOST stuck into my jugular! NO LIE. It scraped my NECK! Wierd.
I was enlightened to find out that the side of the material I thought was going to be the outside was actually the inside. BONUS! (the inside, was much nicer. :) )
I whispered some bad words.
My finger was spared from the needle a few times.
But after it was all said and done...
I have a skirt to wear on Christmas Eve that I MADE!
It's the little things that make me tick!
~Chat soon

No comments:

Post a Comment