Wednesday, September 29, 2010

a real nail biter.

So yesterday, was the first Girl Scout meeting for our troop.
You would have thought I was going in front of a firing squad.
I even cried a little while organizing my stuff the other night.
Don't fret about that, I only have one emotion.
Crying.
Well maybe two.
I laugh hard and loud-a lot. :)
This meeting was informational for the parents and busy work for the girls.
There are eight girls in the troop.
Perfect size.
The parents are all familiar to me. 6 from Anne's class. whew!
All were eager to help, and to make it a good experience for the girls.
I got there 15 minutes early and got everything ready.
(big deal-early is not in my vocab!)
Parents showed up.
Girls entered.
Directions were given.
Meeting was held.
We all went home.
I didn't even sweat. (is that an emotion, if so, I have THREE emotions! HA!)
I think this is going to be a good thing.
I can breathe again.
Isn't that the stupidest thing, that I thought it wouldn't be a good thing?
BUT, I was out of my box.
It was weird for me.
But, my new motto is-what doesn't kill you, makes you STRONGER! :)
This didn't kill me, so I guess I'm getting stronger.
(until cookie selling time!)
Happy Hump Day!
~Chat soon!

p.s. our JDRF walk team total update-$2,750.94 WOOOO HOOOO!
I'm turning in more cash donations tomorrow-we will be above $3,000 by walk day! OH MY GOODNESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment