Tuesday, August 18, 2009

....Am I Ready???

So tomorrow is the first day of school-for me. As a teacher, we get just as many butterflies in our tummies around this time as the kids do! Our building was filled today with nervous teachers, trying our best to get everything done before the kids roll in tomorrow morning. The most common question I heard today was "Are you ready?"

I am READY for my class to come. My classroom is ready, the plans are made, the desks are in a row but...
I am nervous. I don't know these kids-at all! Are they going to like me? Am I going to be just the perfect combination of challenging yet realistic? I get so nervous at the very fact that the parents will be dropping off their kids with me tomorrow morning, for me to teach, mold, protect, and influence...it's my job, it is my responsibility, I know I am capable, and every year, on this very night, I lay awake, NERVOUS.

Then there is the other thing...
Anne starts preschool on Thursday. I am SCARED OUT OF MY PANTS. Am I ready? NO!
Is she ready? YES! We went to Open House at the school this evening. It was wonderful, a very warm, caring atmosphere. The teacher, as I have mentioned before, is awesome. No worries, really nothing to worry about. Yet, as I type, I could hurl on the keyboard.

I have a sneaky suspicion that this is NEVER going to end. One of my co-workers sent her daughter off to college this weekend and I think is battling waves of emotions-days later.

So if I have calculated right...I will be 100 years old and still NOT BE READY!

~Chat soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment