Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Learned Something...

So our 'little' Anne starts real pre-school in a few weeks. She has been in a mothers-day-out- type setting for two years. I know she will do fine, I know it, I know it. (can you tell I'm convincing myself of something...) We are sending her to the preschool at our church. Her teacher is an absolute doll. Just the image that you get when you think of what a preschool teacher should be, so I KNOW she will do great! (gulp!)


Today, the girls went to Debbie's house (our sitter) so that I could go to school and begin getting my classroom ready for the beginning of the year, and get my hair cut. (also a before school preparation-even for the teachers!) After getting my hair cut, and before picking the girls up, I decided it would be a perfect time to go swing through Target for a few school supplies that Anne's teacher requested. Shouldn't take but a few minutes I thought.


I descend on the Back To School aisle of Target and immediately got all sweaty. There must have been 200 mothers there, very harried looking and cranky. Each mother seemed to have 2 if not 4 children that were of pre-pubescent stage chanting...I WANT THIS ONE. I almost passed out. Anne's list consisted of...markers, a binder, some Dixie cups, and Kleenex. The basics for a preschool student. I bet I spent 45 minutes on those few items. As most know, I'm easily distracted, it comes to me honest. That wasn't the problem. I'm also a teacher. If the list specifies DIXIE CUPS-KITCHEN SIZE then, that my friend, is what you get. I spent 7-9 minutes stooped over a display of Dixie cups looking for DIXIE CUPS-KITCHEN SIZE-they had NONE. I got all sweaty AGAIN thinking I didn't want to be "that" mom that the teacher rolls her eyes and says "I wrote it out...how much clearer can I get." After searching each and every Dixie Cup Box I found that ALL boxes of Dixie Cups are labeled BATHROOM SIZE, but that the ounces differ. (that is the difference) VIOLA! We have Dixie Cups! SHEESH!


Now, I know why, the moms in the back to school aisle look like they do.


I learned a very valuable lesson...for every year that we go school shopping in the future. I will do it ALONE and VERY EARLY in the morning.


I know I have said it before I HEART VETERAN MOMMAS!


~Chat Soon!

1 comment:

  1. 7-9 minutes, eh? Did you have your stop watch handy? :) Just kidding!

    Suz

    ReplyDelete