Thursday, December 23, 2010

ha. hahahaha. ha.

Today, the girls and I ran a couple of very last minute errands.
Target, dry cleaners, grocery store.
Everything was heavenly until we got to the grocery store.
Holy Moly.
Crazed people, clutching their carts as if the hams were going to sprout legs and run.
Silliness.
We survived. Girls had McDonalds. We had planned on going to see a Christmas Light display and have pizza night-just the chicks and I.
Everyone has happy.
Anne has been off the last few days. Not listening, not eating well, just grumpy. I wrote it off to the impending holidays. Schedules different etc.
Fast forward to rest time...
A-Mom?
Me-Yes.
A-My ear hurts on the inside.
Me-(thinking @#$%#@) oh. Really? Have you been picking at it? (she has a wierd habit of that)
A-yes. I think it is better now.
Me-Cool.
A little while later...
A-mom?
Me-Yes.
A-my hear feels 'foggy'. I mean, full, I mean, I can hear things, but only when they are loud.
Me-(*#&$^%@) OKAY! Everyone get their shoes.
A-I'M NOT SICK I'M NOT SICK I'M NOT SICK IDONTWANTASHOTIDONTWANTTOSEETHEDOCTOR...Me-we're fine, you're fine. DOYOUWANTTOBESICK? SANTACANTCOMETOHOUSESTHATARESICK. GETINTHECAR. (not nice of me I know...)
Pouts the whole way to Urgent Care-missed our last doctor appointment by oh a mere 10 minutes.
We get to the Urgent Care. Diagnosis. Fluid on year and LOTS of pressure on ear drum. NICE.
Mother of year award right here!
She has had a cough, but really, what 5 year old doesn't this time of year. Its only sometimes, a little runny nose from time to time, nothing alarming...
So we get the prescription and head home.
Bide time until it gets dark to see the lights.
Get in the car,knowing that the 25 minute drive was going to do only one thing.
put.them.to.sleep.
We get to the place. The line is miles long (I have no concept of measurement)
I look in the rear view mirror.
THEY ARE SLEEPING.
Nice.
*&^$%#
Do I pay the 9 bucks and enjoy them myself?
Do I wake them and risk either one of them just FREAKING OUT?
I pop a u-ey and head back to the highway.
Proceed toward home to order Chinese and drink some wine.
And all I can really do is laugh.
Doorbell is ringing...My Chinese is here! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment