Monday, March 3, 2014

Well. Good morning.

March, 3.  Another snow day.
For me, this is day 11. 
Good possibility of another one tomorrow.
I do love snow days.  But, honestly, after 11...they lose their luster.
Especially with a high of 10 degrees. 
I've really, really, really been trying to focus on bettering myself and our house this winter.
Sometimes I'm good at it, sometimes I'm not. 
Today, I reminded myself that, I needed to work out, and keep de-cluttering our house.
I hate doing both of those things.
BUT they need to be done, and the sun is out. SO I thought it was a direct sign I needed to be productive.
I jumped on the little exercise machine downstairs, turned on my little program that tells me when to do what, and away I went.  I completed it, and was super proud of myself (most would laugh hysterically at my 'little work out', but we have to start somewhere, right?!).
I proudly, and sweat-ily walked up stairs to get a drink of water. 
Out of the corner of my eye, near the deck door, I saw something move. 
I blinked, thinking, I must be nearing over-heating stage and was starting to hallucinate.
Then I saw it again. 
OHMYGOSH it was a BIRD!
A bird. Right there. On the kitchen floor. ALIVE.  And MOVING.
HOLY MOLY HOLY MOLY HOLY MOLY....
Maybe you do not remember. Sara Louise-HATES BIRDS.
Like HATES THEM!
THEY CREEP ME OUT!
I took a deep breath and said "SARA, DO THIS!"
I flung the deck door open.  The bird FLEW THE OTHER DIRECTION.
OH *&^%.
I took another deep breath and did the only thing a 37 bird a phobe would do....
I said...wait for it, wait for it....
SHOO!  SHOO BIRD SHOO!
REALLY?
The little ball of feathers and germs slammed itself RIGHT INTO OUR DECK DOOR (the closed part of course).
Great, now I'm gonna have to clean up feathers, germs, and BLOOD.
The little guy shook it off and took flight, opposite direction of the door.
REALLY?
By now, Anne seems to pick up on my sprinting through our kitchen, dashing away from my mortal enemy....I said STOP. THERE IS A BIRD? 
She starts giggling.  And giggling.
I say THIS IS NOT FUNNY.
 THIS IS ALMOST AN EMERGENCY!
By this time, the bird realizes where the exit is, and USES IT!
Good Lord.  Why does weird stuff like this seem to always happen to me?
So weird. 
Luckily, there was no loss of bird or mom life here at our home.
I guess, it's just another Monday...
~chat soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment