Sunday, September 27, 2009

Funny things...

So today, I was shuffling through some of Anne's papers from pre-school. She and I here were talking about the different things she had done. There was a picture she colored of Adam and Eve.
Mom-'Anne, what is this?'
Anne-'Oh, that's Adam and THE EVE'
Mom-'Oh yeah? Where are they?'
Anne-'They're in the garden, doing business...'
*************************************************
Tonight, at dinner, we said our normal dinner prayer. Anne said that she had something to add. Adam told her to go ahead and this is what came out...

Dear God,
We love you.
Thank you for our family (**my heart was swelling**)
Have a good trip!
Amen

Ha! I was laughing so hard on the inside I had tears streaming down my cheeks.
*********************************************

After dinner, Anne was picking her nose (gross, I know) I told her that was really gross and to stop. Immediately, Kate stuck her finger in her nose and laughed hysterically (common practice-monkey see, monkey do). I said 'NONONONONO!' She blurts out, "WHHHHHHHHY?" Adam says, just as calm as can be..."Because no one will want to sit by you." Kate responds in her default 'oooookkkkkaaaayyyy' and toddles off.

Once again, I'm so thankful for their quirkiness, and ability to make us laugh so hard we cry. Even on rough days they make us laugh till our sides hurt! :) I think that is one of their jobs, don't you?

Hoping you had a side splitting Sunday as well!

~Chat soon!

p.s.-mom, I'll post the pictures next time, this scenario trumped the pictures I took! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment