Sunday, January 10, 2010

Random acts...

Who doesn't just flip over mail?
I do. I can honestly say, I do.
I am not in charge of bills at our residence, so mail really excites me.
I don't get much of it either.
Thursday was a snow day. I had my eyes peeled for the mailman. I never saw him. (just the trip to the mailbox is exciting for me...)
Adam must have intercepted it before I could.
I saw a bright, cheery, green envelope on the counter late in the day.
I was sleepy and kind of in a ho-hum mood.
I'm really ready for spring.
The return address was from a dear friend from high school that lives in the state of Washington. (and has enlightened me on all of the 'secrets of Grey's Anatomy-if you watch it....)
I opened it up, and it was a note. From Lindsay. It made my day.
Kind words.
Uplifting words.
Things you like to see on a frigid day....when it seems like flowers and sun are never going to come.
It was great.
I'm not sure exactly why she sent me the sweet note, but it made me realize two things.
1) letters are a lost art
2) good mail is a great thing.
Because of Lindsay's sweet note, I am challenging myself to try to write a note every now and again to an unexpected recipient. It could be a coworker, a long lost friend, or a sister who is far away (SUSAN!) .
I hope that I can help brighten a day, like Lindsay brightened mine.
~chat soon!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment