Sunday, February 7, 2010

Birthday Festivites...

So Anne's birthday was this weekend.
We are not really into big birthday bashes for our kids. Or ourselves, for that matter.

Intimate gatherings, closest family, maybe a few friends is good for us.

We maybe scaring our children, I don't know, but it works for us.

It makes me not sweat and at any given time, that is a marked success in my book! :)

I sometimes envy those families that have the big knock out parties at Bounce U or Chuck-E-Cheese (barf!) because the kids have the time of their lives.

But on the other hand, in 20 years when you ask them what they did for their 5th birthday will they remember, who knows?

I digress...

So, for Anne's birthday-

We had Miss Katy and Julie (my forever friend) over for a project play date. (the chicks loved it) and the moms did too BECAUSE we talked NON STOP, and I mean NONSTOP while our kids made stuff. Too cool.
Anne went to build a bear on a mommy, Anne date. I admit, I got a little sweaty, but we made it.
She got a bike. She almost wet her tights, she was so excited. Tooooo cute! I was a little anxious as to how she would do on the bike (it has training wheels, but if you know me, graceful is not exactly my middle name). SHE DID FINE! Little awkward on the ol brakes, but we'll get the hang of that soon, I'm sure.
Finished up with homemade pizza and a surprise visit from MawMaw and Paw Paw.
Really, in a 5 year olds head, could it be closer to heaven?
Still trying to comprehend that we are parents of a 5 year old.
I guess that will come in time, or we will for the next 20 years walk around in a stupor, dazed and confused at how fast the time is going...
It was a good birthday weekend. I hope she thinks the same.



~Chat soon!



1 comment:

  1. AWESOME !! Sounds like a Birthday a SPECIAL Little 5 year old will remember for a LIFETIME!!

    ReplyDelete