Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Kindergartener...almost


Adam and I have chosen to send Anne to Christ Community Lutheran School. I spent all of my pre college years in a Lutheran school, Adam attended some of his years in a Lutheran school so we are slightly bias to its quality. We thought long and hard and felt that it was the best match for our family.

Tonight I had to attend the Kindergarten Roundup, which was a presentation of the school, its curriculum and the facility. It was nice. Hard, but nice. Anne was as proud as a peacock to go. I had to explain multiple times that she would not be attending anytime soon. She's having a hard time grasping the idea.

I was teary through the whole thing. THE WHOLE THING. Anne had to go to the classroom to play and explore while I attended the presentation. You would have thought I was leaving her for the first time. I immediately got hot and sweaty and had spontaneous tears erupt in my eyes. I could have died. Then I had to walk into this meeting room with what seemed to be a ton of people, who were o.l.d.e.r. they looked older to me. Do I look old???? Weirdest thing. It was like an out of body experience. I had to pinch myself, mentally, a few times to realize that they were presenting this to me because I was a future parent of the school. So weird to be on the other side. Usually, its me conducting the open house presentation in my classroom, staring at all the doe-face people in the room, scared out of their skin to leave their child with a stranger. Now I'm one of them.

I survived. Barely. But I made it.
After visiting, hearing the presentation, and meeting the teacher, I am sold that it is the best choice we could have made.

Now, the countdown begins to August, when we pack Miss Anne up and send her on the never ending journey of education...
Excuse me while I go barf.

~Chat soon!

2 comments:

  1. It's exciting! It's YOUR journey too- all the wondrous things to learn and explore for her- and for you to share with her!

    I am so happy for you and your decision- I know it's not easy- I don't envy you those choices- but I am supportive from here! (Though in my heart CCLS was our arch rival being from St. Paul's and all...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't she beautiful, the teachers will be arguing over who gets to have her in class:)

    ReplyDelete