Wednesday, February 17, 2010

miscellaneous


I had a religion teacher in high school named Rev. Labore.
He was a hoot.
We would walk in, especially on Friday's and he would announce it was "Misallaney Day".
Meaning, we would discuss things that weren't necessarily on the plans, take care of business etc.

Today I have deemed MISALLANEY DAY!

I'm home because sweet Katherine decided to up-chuck all over the back of my car last night.
She isn't a puker, so I assumed she was sick, called in to work for today, and proceeded to Walgreens for latex gloves, pedialite, Lysol, and disinfecting wipes. I stopped short of buying a mask, thought it may scare her.
I never said I wasn't a freak.
I HATE puke.
Luckily, we are not professional vomit-ers in my house/family, so it is only under rare circumstances that we have to go into this mode.
Kate being the 'corker' that she is...hasn't produced on more ounce of yuck since. I'm not complaning...just sayin'.

Today is Ash Wednesday.
I have never been one to 'give up' something on Ash Wednesday. As a Lutheran, we were never forced into that. I'm not sure why, a definite time for reflection...but my family did not give up things.
This year is slightly different.
I am giving up 'stuff'.
I am challenging myself (and Adam) to do 40 bags in 40 days. That means each day of Lent I/we have to toss a bag. Goodwill, trash, blessing someone else, I don't care, but it ain't staying here. I got the idea from this post. I don't know much about it, or if there is a process to it, but I thought that it is quite simple, yet painstaking all in the same breath. We'll see how that goes.

Going to try a little action with my sewing machine. Have acquired a pattern for some dresses that I am going to dabble with. I hope it works. If it doesn't, oh well, I'll get to go to the fabric store and pick out something pretty and try again! :0)

I can't wait for our new niece or nephew to arrive...just a few more weeks!
Told you it was MISALLANEY DAY! Don't like to disappoint!

Happy Wednesday!
~Chat soon!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment