Monday, July 26, 2010

it was fun.

so as of monday, july 26th, i am facebook free.
weird. maybe.
but for my family and i, it was necessary.
i loved reconnecting with a lot of people that i have missed through the years.
college roommates, highschool besties (i don't like that word-besties, it's gross!), coworkers, youth group leaders. ;) it was fun.
it was also, dare i say, cult.
it sucked me in. i admit. it did.
i looked at it often. i looked at pictures of families, i chatted with friends, and just killed time. lots and lots of time.
so i have deactivated my account.
the time, the drama, it was fun. but not productive, and at times, not positive.
not a place, i need to be.
the amount of time i'm spending on facebook, needs to be spent fulfilling hobbies, crafting, volunteering, relxing, being with my family.
i didn't say i wouldn't peek back once my life becomes calm and boring...but for now, i'm passing.
~chat soon!

*disclaimer-don't take my antifacebook rant as an insult to current facebook users, its good for some, just not for me, right now!*

No comments:

Post a Comment