Saturday, October 16, 2010

Field Trip!






So last week I went with Anne on her first field trip as a Kindergartner.
It was to the pumpkin patch.
Here is the list of things I learned.
1. being a parent on a field trip IS NOT the same as being the teacher.
2. i don't know if i will go on another field trip as a mother.
3. #2 disregard. seriously, of course I'll go.
4. a child-especially yours-getting lost in a tower of hay, seriously could make you puke!
5. the next time i go on a field trip i will take the WHOLE day off so when I leave the field trip=i go straight for a cocktail! :)
6. kids have fun whether the parents are there or not.
7. no matter the age, girls are each others worst enemies.

That being said;
I survived the first field trip, Anne got lost in the hay tower, she didn't have a flashlight because I left the one I bought special for the trip on the kitchen counter, she tried things I would have NEVER dreamed of her trying. I enjoyed watching her interact with the other kids and getting to know her friends. I think Adam will go on the next one, I'm not sure if this momma is cut out for such an adventure four times a year! :)
~Chat soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment