Tuesday, October 5, 2010

what a story.

So, Sunday was THE walk. I posted how great it was, the amazing amount of money we made, and the fun we all had. BUT, I forgot a little part of the story.
Here it goes:
In the beginning of the walk, I was handed an envelope from my Aunt Linda with donation money and a check from someone else to be turned in for donations. I opened the the envelope and stuck the check in, proceeding to place it all in the back pocket of my jeans. I put everything and anything in that blessed back pocket, trusty place for me.
WE GOT AN EXTRA ONE HUNDRED AND TEN DOLLARS TODAY!



We all cheered and realized we were well over 3,500 bucks!
HOLY MOLY.
I then stuck my hand in my pocket to prove that we got it when much to my surprise...

THE ENVELOPE WAS GONE!

Immediate panic.
I checked my jacket, the stroller, my other pockets, the trash bag, the trash can, even the johnny on the spot. (ew!)
I was sick.
Sick isn't even the word.
I put on a happy face and said, 'oh I'm sure it is stuck inside something, we will find it!' (knowing good and well that it was ONLY in my back pocket!)
We got home, I looked through the few other places it may have wondered into to find-nothing.
I cried, I tried to take a nap, I prayed, I searched pockets again, I prayed some more, and then informed the necessary parties that I "LOST THE MONEY"(little type symbolizing how little I felt!). Quite embarrassing.
More then embarrassing.
Can't even come up with a word.
Everyone rallied saying, 'it's okay, accidents happen, it will come up, or if it's thrown away, nothing will be lost'...blah blah blah.

Nothing was going to fix this guilt wash that had over taken me.
COME TUESDAY...
I get a random email from my Aunt Linda to find out.
THE MONEY WAS FOUND! IT WAS FOUND! IT WAS FOUND. She had received an email from a person from JDRF that said the money had been turned in and they were contacting Aunt Linda (who wrote one of the checks) to see if the dough should be sent for donations.
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? IT WAS FOUND.
I know that I will never be able to find the person that turned it in.

Nor will I ever figure out how it jumped ship out of my trusty back pocket, but I do know this, each time a prayer is answered, I become a BIGGER BELIEVER that prayer works!
Still in awe.
~chat soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment