Monday, October 18, 2010

Harvest Party



So, I survived something else as the Kindergarten Mom.
The first school party.
The Harvest Party.
I was very excited to find out that the party would be on my day off.
So, I could attend.
Somehow, I could attend because I was off work, turned into OH GREAT, I WILL DO THE CRAFT, OH REALLY? YOU NEED A CO-COORDINATOR?! SURE! I'M FREE THAT DAY.
Strange, how those things happen.
Time was ticking, and people weren't signed up for the spots, so what is a momma to do? RUN TO THE RESCUE.
Thankfully, I spent a few years as a little girl in my Mrs. Thomas and my mom's preschool classroom and mastered the art of MARBLE PAINTING! :) As well as having an oh so creative co-worker that turned me onto a craft that included pipe cleaners, 'pony beads', and corn husks. VIOLA-a so adorable ear of Indian Corn (do they still call it 'Indian corn'-or is that not such a good thing?)
The co-coordinator position was a breeze thanks to the other co-coordinator, and it was an all around good time. I think.
Would I do every party, not unless you would be visiting me in the loony bin. For the amount of children in her class and the age that they are, it went off without a hitch! :) THANKS TO HER WONDERFUL TEACHER AND THE ASSISTANTS!

Oh, and by the way, when Adam asked if Anne liked it that I was there...her reply, 'it doesn't matter if your mom is there or not'-she turned and walked away. I took another drink of my beverage and started crying. I was sleep deprived, lacking adrenaline, and just needing a bit of a break from reality. Did I expect her to kiss my big toe for going to the party AND making sure they had the cutest crafts in town, NO! But, a, 'hey I'm glad you came to the party' wouldn't have been such a big deal. She promptly returned, pony tail swinging and said. I FORGOT THE PART THAT EVEN IF YOU AREN"T THERE YOU CAN STILL HAVE FUN! Grace's mommy wasn't there, or Emma, or Drew...and they all had fun! :) Okay, she may have saved the day there. Just maybe.
~chat soon!
p.s. pictures are horrid. i didn't take much of the party since i was tied down to the corn table, but Anne was having a blast, especially with her 'game face' at the bean bag toss! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment