Sunday, October 3, 2010

Thoughts by Anne...



On any given day, Anne blows us away with her thoughts.

I really should write them down as they happen, because I can NEVER remember each and every one of them.


Here are a few from lately.

I walked into her room and saw this perfect circle of My Little Ponies on a towel with a little pony in the middle.

Me-Anne, what's going on here?

Anne-Oh, the big ponies are watching a foal be born.

Me-A, uh, um, a WHAT?

Anne-A foal. A foal be born.

Me-What does that mean, Anne? (i really didn't want to have to have that conversation right then.)

Anne-well, I don't know, but that is what is happening.

Room stops spinning and I can see again. ;)


****************************************************************

After Girl scouts on Tuesday, Adam asked Anne how the first meeting was.

Anne-HORRIBLE! JUST HORRIBLE.

room gets fuzzy.

Adam-WHY?

Anne-Well, first, mommy made us do this project and we took too long and she didn't follow the rules.

Adam-what rules.

Anne-I had to pass out snack BEFORE the project was over.

Adam-well, you would have run out of time.

Anne-Leaders HAVE to follow the rules.


**************************************************

After church Sunday, Anne whispers to me.

Mom, are we sitting on Jesus?

Me-Um, WHAT? No, I don't think so, why?

Anne-well, where does he sleep?

Me-I don't think He sleeps.

Anne-We ARE IN GOD'S HOUSE! WHERE IS HIS BED?

*************************************************

One of Anne's friends from the babysitter also started Kindergarten this year. She rides the bus from Debbie's house and is usually catching it as we are pulling away to take Anne to school.

Anne-mom, why does C get to ride the bus?

Me-her school has buses, yours does not.

Anne-why does hers have buses and mine doesn't?

Me-well her school is different...(searching...searching for more reasons.)

Anne-like how?

Me-you learn about Jesus at your school.

Anne-YOU MEAN SHE DOESN"T KNOW JESUS?! (i think she prayed the whole rest of the way for C.)

******************************************

Anne's room was such a mess last week. She wouldn't let anyone touch a thing. It had to be this perfectly messy, mess. She knew JUST what was going on with each heap or cluster of stuff. Anne came out of her room looking all forlorned. ..

Me-Anne, what's wrong?

Anne-I'm so disappointed.

Me-About what? (thinking something happened with the foal)

Anne-my room is such a mess it makes me want to CRY!

Me-would you like me to help you clean it up? we have been talking about this for days.

Anne-well, that would be nice, but otherwise, I'll LIVE!
*******************************
Anne's kindergarten teachers birthday was a few weeks ago. I found a wierd yellow spoon in her backpack that day.
Me-Anne, this is cool, where is it from.
Anne-oh, we had special treat for Mrs. D's birthday
Me-great, what was it.
Anne-oh you know, well, it was something with beer.
Me-BEER?!
Anne-yeah, it was brown, and cold, and had icecream and you mixed it all up.
I think it was an icecream float with beer.
Me-Does Rootbeer float sound like it.
Anne-THAT'S IT MOM! :)
There you have it. Some aren't quite as funny typed out, but you can get the drift of the 30 year old in a 5 year old's body that we are dealing with.

~chat soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment