Saturday, March 31, 2012

a great day to be alive....

today we went to the missouri botanical gardens for the easter egg hunt.
i had never been there, alone.  the few times i have gone, i went with my mom. 
i put my big girl pants on and went.  i had talked in depth with my second momma, joyce at work yesterday.  she reminded me of other parking options, to get there with plenty of time, and just relax.  that is exactly what we did.
the weather was divine.  our girls have a great appreciation for nature and the beauty of it.  anne was swooning at the sight of all the tulips.  kate spotted a real snake in one of the flower beds.  she almost had cardiac arrest, but we got through it. we had a great time.
i mean a great time.  we left and i said ITS A GREAT DAY TO BE ALIVE! 
i took a million pictures....bare with me. 

just realized i was getting ready to enter tulip heaven!

i said....sit DOWN RIGHT THERE....anne thought to herself...here we go.  she isn't gonna stop with the camera.


tulips are my favorite.



she was in heaven.


oh my goodness....azaleas too?  i thought i was going to pop.  heaven. i tell ya!




goof ball.

the hunt begins....

hilarious. she had no idea he was behind her.

love.

thumbs up. they had a blast.




favorite picture of the day.

2nd favorite...

skip to my lou.

don't know about the giggles...but you can hear it.

swoon.



lordy. i couldn't stop. they.were.everywhere.

this could be my favorite too.
i can't wait to spend a lot more time at 'the garden' this summer. 
man. i'm telling ya.  a great day to be alive!
~chat soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment