Saturday, October 24, 2009

Birthday Eve...

So, I have a confession...

My children's birthdays are emotional for me. I am usually a mess. I'm not sure why.

I do my best to hide it and more often then not, I do a fine job. I don't think it is because I'm sappy about them 'getting older' or me 'getting older', I just think it is bittersweet. I so vividly remember holding them for the first time, feeding them, changing them, tending to their every need (whether is was necessary or not) worrying myself sick, and each year I have to let go just a little more. It is a good thing, a GREAT thing, but it is hard to watch.

Tomorrow is Kate's second birthday. We celebrated her birthday with family and friends last weekend, so tomorrow should be good, easier.

On a brighter note, the pictures are from her fantastic party last weekend. It was great to be with friends and family and celebrate a great thing, our Kate.

1 comment:

  1. It gets harder than it gets better...Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete