Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Walk







Today was The Walk for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. I thought it was going to be hard. I have had type 1 diabetes since I have been 7 years old (I'm 32 now, so you can figure it out...I'm not so hot at math) and have never participated in a walk for the JDRF before. I was really scared that I would be sad, or emotional. It was the exact opposite of feelings. I was overwhelmed with happiness realizing that ALL these people are supporting people like me. The outpouring of support I had for our team from family and friends was overwhelming as well. If you were a supporter, thank you!

The pictures aren't spectacular, but they give an idea of what it was like. It was a beautiful day today. Please plan on joining our team next year, my goal is to have 20 walkers, so think about it! If you can't make next year, don't worry, you can do it the following year. I think this will be a yearly event for the Wedel's, until we are walking to celebrate that a CURE IS FOUND!

Happy Sunday!
~Chat soon!

1 comment:

  1. That would be a great event for your family to participate in yearly. Especially since it really hits close to home. You never know, one of your girls could even find the cure!

    ReplyDelete