Thursday, May 27, 2010

last day...

today was the last day of school-for me. with kids. it was good.
i love my job. i love my summer. but, i don't like the last day of school, especially when i have a fantastic class.
as i explained today, i love them as my own. they know that. i think.
we spend more time together then they do with their parents. we click. or don't. either way. they are my kids for 9 months. and i love them.
i read the the max lucado book you are special. it gets me everytime. i explain the intent of the book and the purpose, using secular words, since i am teaching in public school. there is always one that gets it. that the book is talking about jesus. always gets me choked up.
it was a good day.
i'm glad it is over.
i'm glad summer is here.
i'm looking forward to a new set of bodies in august that will be 'my kids'.
got a cool job, i think.
~chat soon!

1 comment:

  1. At the school I work at there are not many teachers that feel this way. I feel this way and I am glad to meet someone who also does. I am a little bit luckier though- I have my kids each year until they leave for middle school. I cry each year and the kids laugh at me. But I am starting to see that they know that I care and love for them just as if they are my own. Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete