Monday, May 10, 2010

mothers day recap...






Mothers day was good.

I don't really get into these types of days.

I have an old friend that says I'm 'no fun' because of it.

That is okay. Maybe so, but on the flip side as I said to my mom and mother in law this morning. "Mothers day is very hyped up. TV makes it feel that heaven will collide with earth in this beautiful display of appreciation and love."
I, personally think, that is a HECK of a lot of pressure on husbands and kids.

This very blunt statement was AFTER Kate pooped her diaper in the middle of the restaurant, all diaper changing stuff was in the car, I had forgotten wipes, but had napkins (eww.), the restaurant that we chose to go to with the family was late in getting us seated, making some of us a little cranky, Anne doing what appeared to be a canon ball onto the very nice couch in the front of the restaurant-not totally terrible, BUT the lady sitting ON the couch, looking like a twin of Queen Elizabeth, wasn't quite as fascinated as Anne was...just a few highlights! :)

That being said. The heavens and earth nearly collided and I enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day. we had a fabulous morning at church, a wonderful brunch, a heck of a nap and a great visit with my sister via Skype.

The point is, I'm a momma every day. 365 days out of the year. I feel the honor of it by watching my girls be the best little chicks they can be. I don't need a random Sunday in May to point it out. (although, it isn't terrible.... ;) )

I hope you had a great day too.


~chat soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment