Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Games...







After work this evening, I had a meeting. I usually don't have any work related things after the normal school day and when I do I tend to dread them. Today was no different. It was especially hard because it was dreary and cold. The kind of day you just wanted to go home, change into that warm pair of sweats that only your closest family can see you in (you ALL know what I mean!) and proceed with my evening. That wasn't in the cards for me tonight.

As the meeting went on, I was overcome with 'mom guilt'. A very ugly sickness that washes over women from time to time. It's yucky. Very, very, yucky. I knew that the girls were with Adam, who is a wonderful, capable, loving dad. Dinner was in the crock pot and I would be home shortly. I just couldn't shake that sick feeling in the pit of my tummy. I wanted to be with THEM.

I finally got home. They all greeted with me with the normal red carpet affair and went on with their business, putting Barney stickers on the oven front, smuggling ink pens into the family room, watching too much t.v. etc.

That is when I blew 'the whistle'.

WE WERE TURNING OFF ALL ELECTRONIC DEVICES. NONE! NO MORE TONIGHT....

As of 7:30pm on November 17th...it was officially GAME NIGHT!
So as soon as the dinner dishes were in the dishwasher...we busted out the games.

It was quite fun.

Made me realize that I needed that as much as the kids needed it.

Both games were a blast, easy, understandable, (for all parties) and short in length. (another score in my book!)

Great Christmas gifts too, if you are thinking about your lists...

~Chat soon!



2 comments:

  1. Nothing like "super family fun night" to make you realize how much you love being a mom!
    Priceless moments don't always come with all the hoop-la.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photography is beautiful, as are your subjects!!

    Also, I love the new blog look!

    ReplyDelete