Thursday, November 12, 2009

What am I doing??

So, Sunday at church, I was listening to the sermon. I was also wrestling Kate who thinks she owns the stained glass windows, so my concentration from time to time was disrupted.


That being said, I caught a very important message. Basically, Pastor S. said, it is not okay just to sit there and "look like your doing something".


We really need to be REACHING OUT and helping people. He gave many ideas, tithing, missions etc. It really hit me. I can't say why, it just did. Then I was perusing through the blog 'Whatever' earlier this week and saw this . I thought to myself, SOMEONE is REALLY trying to get a message across to me. I have read several stories this week that are true signs of doing something that has MEANING. It just makes me ask..."What am I doing?" I know that it isn't really a question that can be answered. Everyday actions have meaning, that convey a message that you are a Christian. You aren't just sitting in the pew on Sunday's corralling your youngsters, hoping they pick up a bit of the message as well. It just has been weighing on me this week.


The cool thing is, several things have come up this week that have made me say 'THIS IS WHAT I'M DOING!!!!!'.


That Lord, He works in mysterious ways, doesn't He???


~Chat soon!

1 comment:

  1. You never know how God will call you to be an instrument of him. You never know what will inspire you to reach out. What I do know is that you have a heart of gold and that you are a gift to all who know you. You are a gift to your children and to your family. You are a gift to the children you teach and you are a gift to your friends. And that is part of "what you are doing"

    ReplyDelete