Monday, April 12, 2010

Eric

*disclaimer-Anne proudly drew this picture of Eric because I can't see him 'right' she tells me. She assured me he and Dad have SHORTS on....* ;)

So...today in the car on the way home, Anne is making a ruckus in the back seat. She tells me I'm going to be really, really mad when I find out what Eric has done. I look back and she is 'holding' something in her hand and making quite a face. She explains to me that Eric just gave her his gum that he didn't want anymore. Adding that he also got gum 'all over the back of the car'.

Eric is Anne's little imaginary friend. We have been through Tyrone, Jacob, and Eric. They sometimes go on vacation and the other one comes out. Rarely, are they all with us at the same time. She has gone so far as to 'buckle them in', set dinner places for them, and put a pillow out. Anne laughs OUTLOUD at them when they tell her 'jokes'. (Jacob is the humorous one) She even holds their HANDS!
I find it kind of creepy. People assure me that it is a wonderful thing and I should just go with it. Leave a few minutes early and allow her to buckle them in.

OOOOOOOOOOOKAY! So please, don't laugh at me, next time you see me at Target when I'm carrying Kate, holding Anne's hand and 'holding' Eric's hand. You see safety is of the utmost importance to Anne Clara. After all, he is her 'brudder'. ;)

Weird.
~chat soon!

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious! I read a book recently about a family that went to South America to basically get a medicine man to try to rid their kid of her imaginary friend (who it sounds like took over her life in bad ways). From what you described and compared to that book- Eric sounds like a normal addition to her world which we'll hope is temporary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT ALL!!! The picture, the story, all of it but I am a little concerned,,,,think Adam may need to get his glasses "adjusted" :)

    ReplyDelete