Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hanging on by a thread...

Isn't that the best saying? A friend of Adam's once said that to me shortly after I had Kate.
I will never forget it. It has been a perfect phrase in many a situation...

This week has been b.u.s.y. Weird for me. I am always busy at work, and busy in my head with thoughts...but we are lucky that we aren't busy calendar wise, very often.
Not true this week.
I hope I babystep into this phase of my life.
If not.
I'm going to be a mess.

Yesterday, I got to work, couldn't' find my keys. I knew I had them. I drove there.
Sent a coworker to look in my car. She says oh so politely, 'nice. you left them in your ignition'.

About the same time. I lost some money. Money to get my hair cut and money for our babysitter for this weeks. It was a hefty chunk. I looked high and low, near and far, called the husband, looked in the car, under seats, dumped the purse. While muttering a few words I shoved my hands in my back pockets (trademark stance when Sara is ticked...) VIOLA! Jackpot. Found my wad of cash, neatly folded in my back pocket. nice.

After walking in the door last night, Adam said, we need to talk. He led me upstairs and I was hit in the nose with the.most.vial.smell I have smelled in a very long time. It was gross. It smelled like rotten milk with a twist. Adam lovingly told me he thought it was coming from my favorite pair of shoes. gross. so i kind of bought it and we moved the shoes outside. Anne couldn't find a c.d. she wanted to listen to so I ran upstairs and poked around in her room. The smell was totally coming from there. I lifted the dust ruffle on her bed and stuck my nose there. WOWSERS! I almost barfed right then and there. Somehow a milk cup must have dripped and it landed on some extra bedding, producing a very rank smell. Fast forward to today-it was still there, even though the bedding wasn't. Come to find out after mad searching...A MILK CUP EXPLODED BETWEEN HER MATTRESS AND HER BED BOARDS, producing a combination of buttermilk, cottage cheese and SPAG. (aka-nastiness) I was quite relived to have determined the smell but non to impressed that it was indeed the do-ing of a mother who could not find a way-ward cup. NEW RULE-no cups in bed with anything but water. (we've tried before, we'll try again)

Took Anne to the Magic House this morning with her class. It was fun. We changed rooms several times. In the education room I sat down to observe and take pictures- I laid my camera down to the left and the bag to the right. I got up and helped the kids with something...came back for my camera, flipped the lid open. no camera. Instant panic. Like losing your kid panic. The room went fuzzy, I got sweaty, a milli second later, I realized the camera was sitting in the other chair. NICE.

I think I need a vacation, or stop thinking about the upcoming one.
Either way...
I'm hanging by a thread...
This too shall pass.
~Chat soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment