Friday, March 19, 2010

Lucky Charms & Helicopters...

It's been a week. It really has.
It was even a short one.
My place of employment. ;) Is going through some m.a.j.o.r. changes. Due to the changes, we, the employees are feeling an uncomfortable feeling of insecurity and uncertainty to put it mildly. It sucks. There is NO other way to put it. I have taken a lot of it to heart and frankly, it's wearing on me. My patience, my sleep ability, or inability to sleep, my appetite. Everything.
So, Adam picked up the girls and told me to 'go home and take it easy.'
Well, that is really not a known thing for me to do.
So I went to Target and the grocery store.
I forgot my list for the grocery. So I had to go on memory. Which wasn't worth dirt.
After getting to the check out, I realized I forgot THREE major ingredients for either dinner tonight, or dinner tomorrow.
So, I did what any good woman does. I paid. Smiled. Said my goodbyes to the cashier and parked my cart! HA!
I did.
Then I went BACK and finished my shopping. I laughed the whole way through. What else do you do?
Shortly after I got home, the girls and Adam arrived.
I was happy to see them all.
The girls found out I brought home an extra box of Lucky Charms from school that was left over from a project. Major treat.
They wanted some immediately. So I doled it out. Anne pranced off as did Kate.
I looked out on the deck and there was our sweet Katherine.
Perched on cushions, arranged just so, Curious George tucked right next to her.
She has this insanely cute way of telling you to 'sit'. She even gets the chair. How can you not?
Anyway, we sat for awhile and she munched and then was completely smitten by a helicopter. She even waved it goodbye.
Really. There isn't ANYTHING in the world that can change my mood faster then my chicks. Kate did her job.
And I am grateful.
My life really is good




1 comment:

  1. 'Katy-Bug' you are growing up right before our eyes!!! and 'Mommy', glad you took the time to "Seize the Moment"!!

    ReplyDelete