Thursday, March 18, 2010

talk-UPDATED

Driving home one evening Anne says "Mom why are there 3 crosses up there?" (We were at a stoplight and on top of the hill there were the crosses next to the sign of a church.)
I said..."to symbolize that Jesus died."
Anne says...in the MOST dramatic, sad tone..."JESUS DIED?" And truly looked if she were going to cry.
I replied. Yes, to take our sins away, we'll talk about all of that later.
(guess I should have taken seriously the note from preschool saying that when we discuss lent and Easter we need to explain the WHOLE story-full circle...each time. Don't leave anything else, or it will freak the kids out.)
Super mom award AGAIN!

I tucked Anne in, she said "where are you going?"
I said, 'to turn the lights off'
Anne says-"Are you going on the computer?"
I said, "I'm going to turn the lights off"
Anne says- "okay"
I come back (after turning the lights off)...
Anne says-"I just miss our snuggle time. Do you think tomowoah (tomorrow) we could play games and read...NO COMPUTER!"
I say-"sure, you bet!"
And cry...
i admit, i have been using too much 'free time' decompressing on the computer. futzing with pictures, searching for fun ideas to do with the kids...don't worry, I got the hint-loud and clear. While talking to a coworker I realized I don't think it was so much the time on the computer as it was Anne analyzing time. She wanted me to snuggle with her, so if I was fibbing and saying I was going to turn the lights off and really went to the computer I would have been gone a lot longer...I have rid myself of MOST of the mother guilt now. ;)

Mom, what do you teach at school first?
Um...Reading
Then what?
Writing, like how to write stories, sentences spelling that sort of thing.
Oh, then what?
Uh..Math
I LOVE Math-that is what I want to learn.
Good.
So, when do you teach important things?
Like what?
LIKE SHARING!


~Chat soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment