Monday, March 22, 2010

Rolling with it...

There is a McDonald's located at the corner right by my work.
It is a horrible location because it calls my name each and every day.
Sometimes I give in.
Today was one of the days.
I went to the drive through ordered my sausage biscuit, and large diet coke, and pulled around.
The lady said it was $3.18. I gave her $20.18.
She gave me $17.and some change back.
I got confused. (never have admitted to being good at math-indeed I STINK!)
I knew I shouldn't have gotten coins back.
I waited for her to come back.
She slammed the window open and said 'yeah?!'
Ummm. I think you gave me the wrong amount of money.
I gave you $20.18.
YEAH! AND I GAVE YOU 17.84 SO I GUESS I GAVE YOU TOO MUCH?
YOU ARE GIVING IT BACK?
Oh crap! I thought she didn't give me enough-that was the point, I was shorted. In reality, I was given a little too much!
So I smiled and said, "yes, you gave me too much-here you go!"
And tossed the money into her palm.
The oh-so-cranky window lady looked at me like I WAS NUTS. (i really am, but she doesn't need to know.)
I didn't know what else to do besides smile, nod my head and say THANKS! HAVE A GREAT DAY!
I rolled to the next window, got my oh so nutritious breakfast and went on my way. Thinking the whole time, how I should be really aggravated. That lady was so ridiculous. Then I thought about this...

a great song by-Jimmy Buffets here are part of the
lyrics...

Don't try to shake it, just nod your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on

*Adam has turned me into a closet Buffet fan...*

I think more people need to have this ringing in their heads...Breathe in, breathe out, move on!!!
And really, I should have been the miffed one. I returned 80 some odd cents that, that lady GAVE to ME!
HA!
~Chat soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment