Sunday, March 14, 2010

Playdough...





There is nothing as great as playdough.

I love playdough.
I love the feel, the smell, the therapy behind playing with playdough!
I love how quiet my kids are when they have playdough.
We have not had playdough for awhile.
This weekend the weather has been utterly disgusting, so I thought it was time to bust out the tried and true homemade playdough recipe.
Both girls had a part in making a batch.
They played for hours-literally, in the morning and then again before dinner. Amazing how simple it is to make and how much fun they have.

Here's the recipe...
1 cup flour
1/4 cup salt
2 Tbsp cream of tartar
2 tsp food coloring (I just squirt it in there...2 tsp seems like an awful lot)
1 Tbsp vegetable oil (I think mom's recipe uses baby oil)
1 cup water
Mix it all together-stir over medium heat for about 5 minutes...its a gross consistency but go with it.
When it forms into a ball in the center of the pot, turn it off and let it cool. Knead several times on a floured surface.
Store in an airtight container.
~Chat soon!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment