Monday, November 21, 2011

Halloween






























This is late...but remember, I have been without this fun little thing called the internet!
I have mentioned before, I will say it again....Halloween just isn't my favorite day.
Maybe it's my profession, maybe its that fact that I'm not a fan of people with covered faces...
who knows.
This Halloween was the first that the girls went trick or treating, and we had to work the next day.
It was not the best plan in my head.
We carved pumpkins on Sunday.
Adam had been working all weekend. We had it in our mental schedule that we were going to carve the old pumpkins on Sunday so we didn't have to quick do it before trick or treating....
Well, it was nearing dinner. He wasn't home yet, it was still light, and I wanted to carve them on the deck.
I said, "WHO IS READY TO CARVE PUMPKINS!!??!"
The girls came running. I grabbed the biggest knife we had and started in on the first pumpkin.
Suddenly I hear,
"Sara Louise, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? YOU ARE GOING TO CUT YOUR FINGER OFF!"
I have always alarmed Adam, well, my mom too, with the way I handle a knife.
None the less...Adam came to the rescue and carved the cutest darn pumpkin family.
He even added glasses.
So cute.
It was, all in all, a good Halloween.
Our neighbors joined us, and Katie and I somehow won the agreement to sit and hand out candy (and drink wine) while the men took the girls trick or treating (they have 2 chicks also) it was a win, win. well, for the females anyway!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment